As was explained on the registration page when you input your usersname:
Your "Usersname" is not editable once you proceed past this point. Our staff, at no time, will change your Usersname... even if you ask them really, really, really nice! So please be sure it is something you like!
ChristianBlog.Com has costs tens of thousands of dollars to develop... and thousands more to maintain and operate... and regardless of whether is it a religious website or not, bills have to be paid.
Paid member is the answer to that solution -- or splattering the website with dozens of banners, popups and stuff like that that everybody hates (and we refuse to do).
We aren't myspace that worth millions, nor are we blogger which is worth billions. We are a niche website trying to provide a ministry service to Christians... and your Bible says a laborer is worthy of their hire, last we read it.
As for why a "XYZ" limit... mostly because we feel that after a certain amount of uses of the website a person should have a good idea of just how worthy of a ministry website this is, and realize supporting us is the right thing to do.
First you are going to need to gather three things: (1) The usersname of the person who posted the Blog Entry, (2) the 'Blog Link' of the Blog Entry, and (3) the 'Blog Title'. (usually the easiest way to get this is from the URL of the browser window)
You will need to type the BBCode directly into your Blog Text. Here is how it should look:
There are a number of possible reasons why your Blog Entires do not show up on the home page:
1. They were removed by the ChristianBlog.Com Moderator Team
2. They were removed by the ChristianBlog.Com Content Review Team
3. Your account has received a warning for violation of any of our Site Policies
4. It was reported by a number of fellow members for violating Site Policies.
5. It contains what we feel might be "Confrontational Content" which is not a highlight feature of ChristianBlog.Com (whereas encouragement and uplifting is). What we decide is and is not is solely our choice and might change from day-to-day ;)
6. It contains information another member of the website has recently blogged about, or is in direct relationship to another Blog Entry, or similar situations.
7. It's content is borderline violations of our "Blogging Verses Discussion Forums" section of our Blog Posting Policy (this is very common).
8. You marked the Blog Entry as an "Adult Only" or "Private" Blog Entry.
9. Your Blog Entry has excessive CAPitalization or excessive non-text characters (i.e.: !!!!'s or .... or ____)
10. Your Blog Entry is part of a multi-part series.
Regardless of the reason, removal decisions are final, and in no way shold be seen as a negative aspect against your membership status at ChristianBlog.Com.
ChristianBlog.Com is about blogging (oddly enough) so in order to keep the primary focus of our website about blogging, we have found the need to place restrictions on our Discussion Systems.
In times past, certain members have utilized only our Discussion Systems -- and in manners that our website was never intended to be used.
Because of these reasons, ChristianBlog.Com does place limitations within our Discussion Systems. This should be seen as a positive decision and not a negative one for the vast majority of our members - as this helps keep the focus of our website on blogging, and not just on randomized discussions.
My.Status allows you to share with others what you are doing in your life. Unlike a "Shoutout" which is typically a friend-to-friend message, a "My.Status" is something only you can add to your own profile.
The My.Status can be used to show a brief message that you are at work, at school, in a meeting, at the movies, cooking dinner, or just about anything at all.
Because ChristianBlog.Com has chosen to follow SMS Standards (a method of sending content via a phone message - which is not yet supported) we are limited to allowing only the a-z and 0-9 characters.
In essence, exactly what you would find on a phone key pad.
We also allow these three non-key-pad characters, but only if you are submitting a My.Status message directly from ChristianBlog.Com - in other words, they are not allowed/acceptable characters if you are using the Remote.ChristianBlog.Com My.Status System.
ChristianBlog.Com is a "Peer Monitored Website" - meaning that our very members help monitor the website.
Should you find a time when you feel a member of the ChristianBlog.Com Team has violated our Global Policies, we expect our members to report the possible violations, just as they would any other member.
The Report will be handled exactly the same way it would against any other member, and the Team Member will be excused from the decision about the Reported content.
Existing members should contact us via our internal private message system (My.Messages). Simply click on the "My.Messages" at the top of the website (when you are logged into ChristianBlog.Com) and then click on the "Contact Technical Support" and send us your message.
For those who are not yet ChristianBlog.Com members please send an email to: email@example.com -- expect at least a 48-hour response time.