Yet another situation took place last evening where someone’s life ended abruptly and without warning. This was not some rank unbeliever but a Godly man who lived the way men of God should live. The question that haunts unbeliever and believer alike is WHY this sort of thing happens. Over and over again we hear people ask why a loving God would allow someone to die or be killed.
Nothing contributes to people walking away from God more than the unexplained pain and sorrow that comes when they lose a child, parent, sibling or friend suddenly to injury or disease. Nothing tests the faith of a person more than the loss of someone extremely close to their heart.
God does not kill people. God does not make people sick or throw them into harm’s way to destroy them. God does not strike down babies with incurable diseases or cause a father or mother to die of a heart attack. God is light and there is NO darkness in Him at all. God is love and there is no malice in Him whatsoever.
Ever since Adam and Eve chose to forsake God’s Word in the Garden of Eden, the creation has had to deal with something that had never been known of before and that is death. God sternly warned Adam that if he ate the forbidden fruit he would surely die. The serpent subtly caused Eve to doubt this by asking “did God REALLY say…?”
Adam and Even freely ate and Romans chapter 5 tells us that sin and death entered the “kosmos” because of their transgression. Furthermore, that sin and death has been passed down from generation to generation ever since.
Why did the people who lived before the Great Flood live so long? They had such long lives because the ripple effect of Adam’s transgression was just getting started. The things that would kill people were just getting established and thus people lived hundreds of years before being overtaken by disease.
Everything changed during Noah’s flood. Everyone died except those on the ark. Death was everywhere and the world has never been the same since. Through pestilence, famine, wars and disease, death has become something everyone must anticipate sometime in their life. No one will ever live forever in the body we have now.
Knowing all this, God made provision for something far better than never ending physical life on this earth and that is eternal life with Him. Death no longer is the ultimate enemy to be feared and dreaded but instead the final element of this life that ushers in the promise of an eternity with God and His Son Jesus Christ.
Only when this life is all that matters is death so devastating that it shipwrecks one’s faith. Of course there is pain in the sting of death but death has no more power over us, for once we die eternal life begins. Death is no longer “the end” for a believer but rather “the beginning” of a life far more glorious than anything this life could provide.
While the world cowers in fear of death as their mortal enemy, we look past death to the promise given to us that just as Jesus was raised from the dead with eternal life, so we will be also. This comforting message is what allows us to deal with death and allows to comfort others who must face the loneliness and anguish death brings.
As always, Blessings 2 You!
I read these words just this morning:
[quote]Because I live, you also will live .Jesus [/quote]
Because of Christ, though our flesh may die... we shall live! We must never forget that.
[quote]God does not kill people. God does not make people sick or throw them into harm’s way to destroy them. God does not strike down babies with incurable diseases or cause a father or mother to die of a heart attack. God is light and there is NO darkness in Him at all. God is love and there is no malice in Him whatsoever.[/quote] Amen brother . . . this describes the God I love and serve.
Blessings to you and Beth M (@Blest). Your brother in Christ ~ Hoyle
God is like gravity and electrity, they are natural laws that we have been taught not to brake. Spiritual laws are the same. In John 3:18 Jesus said, He that believeth is not condemned, but he that believeth not is condemned "already" because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. The next few verses tells us what the condemnation is agaist us, that condemnation is the life of Jesus Christ. When we don't study our bibles and trust in our own understanding, we miss God.
The statement made in Exodus 20:5 tells us why people die:
Exo 20:5-6 KJV
(5) Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
(6) And shewing mercy unto thousands of them that love me, and keep my commandments.
Jesus said if we would not hear Moses, they would not believe one raised from the dead!
Luk 16:31 KJV
(31) And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead.
1Jn 3:1-11 KJV
(1) Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.
(2) Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.
(3) And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.
(4) Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(5) And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.
(6) Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
(7) Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
(8) He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
(9) Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
(10) In this the children of God are manifest, and the children of the devil: whosoever doeth not righteousness is not of God, neither he that loveth not his brother.
(11) For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.
Mat 5:48 KJV
(48) Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.
Robert E. Barger (Biblebob1)