Chatroom Updates & Report Feature Added
It has been awhile since we have given the ChristianBlog.Com chatroom any TLC and loving so we decided to finally do so. :)
Here is the changelog of events taken place:
(1) Attempted to increase the time it takes to load the chatroom
(2) Attempted to resolve issue with people being logged out all the time
(3) Attempted to resolve issues with people not having their biography and/or testimony not completed.
(4) Attempted further enforcement against archaic browsers (specifically: >IE6, AOL) Sorry folks... but maybe you should update your computers LOL
(5) Increased the history when you (re)load the chatroom to 75 lines of text.
(6) Increase the maximum number of lines displayed in the window to 75 lines of text.
(1) Additional enforcement for banned members
(2) My Wall integration. Now when you go into the chatroom your "My Wall" will reflect this.
(3) Reporting System. Now, when you are within the chatroom, you will see a new link within the main website right-side-navigation - just below the link to open the chatroom - that is entitled "report chatroom mis-behavior". There has to be people within the chatroom in order for you to see this link (preferably you if you intend to use this). By clicking on the "report chatroom mis-behavior" link you will be taken to a new page within our website that shows the last 20 people to enter into the chatroom. Next to each name is a "report" link. Click on the "report" link and you can submit a report against the person for chatroom mis-behavior. It works identical to the rest of the ChristianBlog.Com Reporting System. Please, only report folks via this method if you were/are in the chatroom and somebody else is/was in the chatroom and are causing problems. If you want to report somebody for something else, please visit their profile page and use the "report" feature therein.
(1) Account Status (premier/gold). This might return. If you like it and want it back let us know.
We put a lot of thought into how to properly setup a reporting system for the chatroom, seeing how the chatroom itself does not have a built-in report feature, so please let us know if you do not like our new method and how to improve it.
We will continue to try to improve overall stability for the chatroom for those of you continuing to have problems. Our best recommendations at this point are to use the latest version of the Firefox browser or the latest version of the Internet Explorer Browser. We have very view reports from those using Safari so that is a good thing, but it does not seem to be working 100% still. None of us own a mac... so it is a little hard for us to test and bug-hunt for Safari issues. (if somebody would like to donate a hot new mac-mini we promise we'll work very very hard to get it working for you mac users out there)
Just a thought...I have no problem with Account Status disappearing but I am wondering if you are still going to show Team members given that they will still have authority in the chatroom. There will no doubt be people unaware of who some of them are.
[quote=kiwibird]Just a thought...I have no problem with Account Status disappearing but I am wondering if you are still going to show Team members given that they will still have authority in the chatroom. There will no doubt be people unaware of who some of them are.kbird[/quote]
I don't think the little "(team)" tags have been showing up for a few months now. I removed that awhile back to make us more "covert" so folks [i]wouldn't[/i] know we were in there :wink:
Thank you so much for doing this John! I'm glad to see this. Also, I really like the "My Wall" integration! When I really like to talk to someone in say for example...hm...New Zealand and there is a time difference of 17-19 hours depending on the time of year, it can be hard to get together at times. Now I can look and think, "Oh, so and so logged into chat five minutes ago. I think I'll see if I can catch before I post this blog I've been working on."
As one of the Mac users here I can tell you I generally use Firefox 3.0.11. I have used Safari 3.0.4 occasionally but I haven't paid much attention as to whether I've experienced any differences in how they perform in the chatroom.
While I can't donate a Mini Mac (I'm still waiting for mine...I got to use one in summer school last week and I loved it), and I have an elderly...I mean "mature" Mac, I'd be happy to keep track of how something performs with a Mac anytime you're curious.
I'm supposed to get a newer (not new) Mac or two by September as the Macs at my husband's school is replacing everything with Mini Macs. They replace stuff every two years. My name is on a list and I even have a ticket number so hopefully....
Anyways, thanks for working so hard to make CB such a wonderful and safe site.
Don't miss the little icon for account status.
Sorry about the old aol. I changed servers for e-mail but must still log into aol for any messages form CB. Then I log out before coming to CB.
For those that do have aol or the other old server, install Mozilla Foxfire, it is free.
I go directly to ChristianBlog from Foxfire without logging into aol.
Internet Explorer can also be used, depending on the type of modem you have. I have a DSL external and can come directly to CB through FF or IE.
I have found the Mozilla works better here at CB.
Is there someway to check a new person's profile directly in chat without having to leave the chat room?