Over the last few months we have received a rather large number of bloggers indicating that the ChristianBlog.Com website has been causing issues to their blogs when the blogger has written their blog within Microsoft Word and then copy and pasted their blog content from within MS Word into the ChristianBlog.Com website, specifically we have heard that the website has replaced apostrophes, double quotes and dashes with a blank space.
In researching how to solve this issue we have discovered that this has been an issue for a lot of websites recently due to Microsoft decided to change long existing standards and use their own ‘standards' which nobody else actually uses.
We have spent an incredible amount of time attempting to solve this problem and we believe that we finally have solved it. Over the last day or two we have had it tested by some of our bloggers who use MS Word and they are all reporting that the “issue has been solved” - and that makes us happy!
As we have not received any indicating that our solution is causing other problems when publishing content we have implemented the solution into our entire website effective immediately.
We have tested that it works in MS Office 2007 and 2010. Those are the only two versions that we have been able to test it within so if you have a version of MS Office that is not one of those two version and you discover that when you copy and paste from MS Word into the ChristianBlog.Com website that the issue still exists we would very much like to have you let us know that it is not working. The one issue we have not yet been able to solve is that when pasting your content all of the paragraph breaks are not being included within the paste. This has us rather stumped and will continue to try to solve this issue.
If you discover that this update to our website causes other issues when you attempt to publish your blog (or any other content) please post a reply to this blog and provide details of what is happening and we will look into solving your issue.
I have not had this issue as I do not have Word on my Mac and I compose my blogs right on the website for the most part. However, I have encountered this problem when I have cut and paste verses from online Bible websites. I know that other people do that as well sometimes so I am happy to report that this seems to have corrected that problem as well.
I dont use word anymore after my blogs that were suppose to be saved were not. and my computer had to be st back to factory setting and i didnt back anything up. so plan b, i only use google documents and i found a new way to blog. i just email a copy to myself and copy and paste off of that. so far so good