Deuteronomy 4:29 But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul.
Self and Soul are like two different perspectives I hold within myself.
- My self says I am child of my mom and my dad, but my Soul says I am a Child of God.
- My self has the pride and feels strong in flesh, but my soul feels humble and weak in spirit.
- My self is rebellious, but my soul is fearfully and wonderfully made.
- My self says I see and I have the light, but my souls says I am in the dark and I need Light.
- My self grows old and weary, but my soul is always a baby.
- My self people around me can see, but my soul only God can see.
- My self will taste the death, but the Soul tastes the salvation.
When we begin our prayers, it is important that we remove our self like our outer garments, and be in the soul when we enter in communion with the Lord.
- Soul is our inmost being.
- Being in touch with our soul is possible only when we renouce our self outer image (worldly).
- Being connected to our Soul reveals our weakness to us.
- Soul reveals our sinful nature.
- True Repentence comes from the Soul.
- Calling from the soul reaches God.
- Soul feels the salvation, peace and love of God.
Psalm 103:1 Praise the Lord, my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name.