Peace to all my dear brothers & sisters! - Muslims claim that Ishmael, th
Peace to all my dear brothers & sisters!
Muslims claim that Ishmael, the son of Abraham is the father of the Arabs therefore proving that Ishmael is the forefather of their prophet, Mohammad.
And unfortunately, as a result of this, non-Muslims have taken this claim from them as a fact without doing any research of their own.
Any intelligent person will understand that this is nothing but a big lie!
Here is why...
Now Sarai Abram's wife bare him no children: and she had an handmaid, an Egyptian, whose name was Hagar.
And Sarai Abram's wife took Hagar her maid the Egyptian, after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, and gave her to her husband Abram to be his wife.
- Hagar was an Egyptian and a slave of Sarai, Abraham's wife. She must have been racially different from Abram (Abraham) and his wife, Sarai (Sarah).
Note: Egyptians were and are still considered as Africans (not Arabs) since Egypt is a part of the continent of Africa.
And Hagar bare Abram a son: and Abram called his son's name, which Hagar bare, Ishmael.
And Abram was fourscore and six years old, when Hagar bare Ishmael to Abram.
- Hagar was the mother of Ishmael. Therefore, Ishmael was half Egyptian.
[ The Call of Abram ] The LORD had said to Abram, 'Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.
Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Haran, they settled there.
- Abraham had left his country (now known as Iraq) and went to the land of Canaan (now known as Israel). Thus, Abraham and his wife were Iraqis which are NOT the same as Egyptians.
While he was living in the wilderness of Paran, his mother got a wife for him from Egypt.
- Ishmael's wife was Egyptian. Also, he was living in the wilderness of Paran which if you were to look on the map that I have attached to this e-mail, you would see that Paran is in Egypt close to Israel.
And Abraham rose up early in the morning, and took bread, and a bottle of water, and gave it unto Hagar, putting it on her shoulder, and the child, and sent her away: and she departed, and wandered in the wilderness of Beersheba.
- Hagar and his son, Ishmael had departed Abraham and his family (Sarah and Isaac).
So when the Midianite merchants came by, his brothers pulled Joseph up out of the cistern and sold him for twenty shekels of silver to the Ishmaelites, who took him to Egypt.
[ Joseph and Potiphar's Wife ] Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. Potiphar, an Egyptian who was one of Pharaoh's officials, the captain of the guard, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him there.
- The story of Joseph proves that the Ishmaelites were living in Egypt since those Ishmaelite traders took Joseph and all their possesions to Egypt to sell them.
And as for Ishmael, I have heard you: I will surely bless him; I will make him fruitful and will greatly increase his numbers. He will be the father of twelve rulers, and I will make him into a great nation.
This son of yours will be a wild man, as untamed as a wild donkey! He will raise his fist against everyone, and everyone will be against him. Yes, he will live in open hostility against all his relatives.'
- The Creator promised Ishmael to be fruitful and become the father of 12 tribes which will become a great nation. This was because of the love that The Creator had for Abraham. Also, The Creator predicted that Ishmael would be rebellious and hostile to all of his relatives (descendents of Isaac). This proves that Ishmael was NOT a prophet.
Genesis 20:13-16, 18
13 And these are the names of the sons of Ishmael, by their names, according to their generations: the firstborn of Ishmael, Nebajoth; and KEDAR, and Adbeel, and Mibsam,
14 And Mishma, and Dumah, and Massa,
15 Hadar, and Tema, Jetur, Naphish, and Kedemah:
16 These are the sons of Ishmael, and these are their names, by their towns, and by their castles; twelve princes according to their nations.
18 Ishmael's descendants occupied the region from Havilah to Shur, which is east of Egypt in the direction of Asshur. There they lived in open hostility toward all their relatives.
- Ishmael had 12 sons who each of them became a leader of their own tribe. They had settled in the east of Egypt close to Israel. This proves that the Ishmaelites were living as Egyptians (Africans) and not as Arabs! This also fulfills one of the the prophecies in Genesis 17:20 (see above).
11 So the Egyptians made the Israelites their slaves. They appointed brutal slave drivers over them, hoping to wear them down with crushing labor. They forced them to build the cities of Pithom and Rameses as supply centers for the king.
13 So the Egyptians worked the people of Israel without mercy.
14 They made their lives bitter, forcing them to mix mortar and make bricks and do all the work in the fields. They were ruthless in all their demands.
- The Egyptians who were the sons of Ishmael took the Israelites (descendents of Isaac) as slaves for 400 years and were severely hostile to them which fulfills the other prophecy in Genesis 17:20 (see above). The Egyptians (Ishmaelites) were the great nation as prophesized. They had built the great pyramids which no scientist till today can explain how. They were extremely weathly and had a great army at that time.
In conclusion, Ishmael is not the father of the Arabs let alone Mohammad who was a Meccan (Saudi Arabian) but rather he was the father of the Egyptians. Mohammad has no connection to Abraham whatsoever.
Published: Sep 02 2008 01:04:45pm