1. Description of Service.
We are a web publishing service and optional hosting service (the "Service").
The DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) was passed by the U.S. Congress in 1998 to deal with copyright infringements by electronic means (particularly over the Internet). The DMCA lays out specific procedures for DMCA notifications.
2. Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
DMCA notifications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
To be considered effective, a notification of claimed copyright infringement must contain the following information.
- Electronic Signature
- An electronic signature of the copyright owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner.
- Copyrighted Content Identification
- Identification in detail of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed on.
- Infringed Content Identification
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled.
- Complainant Contact Information
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Service to contact the Complainant. Email address is preferred.
- Good Faith Statement
- Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the allegedly infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law."
- Legal Disclosure Statement
- Include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in the notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner or am authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner to make this complaint."
The Service is required by law to remove or block access to customers content upon receipt of a proper notice of copyright infringement. It is standard policy to terminate services for users who commit repeat violations of copyright law.
The Service regularly reviews our services to ensure both they and our members are in compliance with this policy.
This policy may change from time to time. If changes are made that we consider to be significant, we will provide a prominent notice on our website.